Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweet Bedtime Moment

Since school will be in session soon and with a new baby on the way – my thoughts, it’s a perfect time to start enforcing a more scheduled bedtime.  While Tyler was mowing, I managed to cook  little cowboy dinner, take our baths, read him a bedtime story and get him in bed by 8:30p.  Ahhh, I had just sat down to watch Big Brother (guilty pleasure), when here comes Keeler.  'He can’t sleep.'  I let him watch the show with me with the stipulation that he stay quiet and just relax.  What's better than snuggling up with a sweet lil' cowboy? 
After the show, we made bedtime attempt number two.  Within minutes – “I can’t sleep with all this noise.”   The noise, he explained was his stuff animals, they were talking.  I removed close to a dozen various animals from his room and while I was walking out of his room I told him “sweet dreams.”  He responded, “Mom, love me forever.  Do you look up over my bed?”  I was caught off guard...  then realized that he was referring to my favorite children’s book ever,  Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.  I proceeded to quote the book:
"yes, and if that little boy is really asleep, I pick him up and rock him back and forth, back and forth and sing, I'll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." 
It was hard to hold back the tears... it was such a sweet moment! 


P.S., Thank you for the recommendations on heartburn relief.   Going on two nights without any issues. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment