Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Surprise!

Stephen and I are engaged!!!


I get to marry this amazing man... 
The most patient, selfless, and loving man I know. 
I am one lucky girl


I know, I've been holding out on you guys... 
I'm sorry!
He proposed on a trail while we were in Gatlinburg. 
I had no idea... my Daddy was the only person who knew.
He totally kept it from my mom, too! 
She was as surprised as me!
(and as always, she was the picture taker:)


 It was so beautiful.  
And there were butterflies... EVERYWHERE.  
We literally had to avoid stepping on them while we were on the trail. 
It was the most beautiful and perfect place. 

I've posted this picture below on Facebook, and I've had some people ask me if it was photoshopped. 
It's NOT photoshopped.  
Stephen stuck his hand out and one little butterfly crawled right up onto his hand :) 
And then it let me stick my hand in, and stayed long enough for my mom to snap some pictures! 
There was nothing more comforting.
Just more proof that my little man approves. 


Stephen was there for me through the worst possible time of my life. 
He took care of Tripp and me in a way I never thought would be possible. 
And he's still taking care of me.  


I'm marrying into an amazing family that I've known my entire life. 
God knew the people that I needed in my life at the right time. 
I'm counting my blessings for sure.  
Every milestone for me will be bittersweet, of course... because I can't share it with Tripp. 
But I know my baby boy is looking down and is proud of his Mommy. 
And I think he knows that I am being taken care of in the best possible way.  
Just as he was... 




Thank you all for your continued prayers, love and support.


Love, 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment