Thursday, September 29, 2011

2 Lil' Cowboys & Loving Life!

Today marked the first official afternoon that I was alone with my two lil' cowboys.  My mom came home from the hospital with us last Thursday and stayed for a week.  It was great to have her around and I guarantee my laundry has never had such a quick turnaround.  Kallahan has seriously worn the same nightgown every night since he came home!  She helped me through all the emotions that I was feeling, mainly feeling overwhelmed with a new baby, working from home and with a three-year-old that is taking time to adjust to all the changes.  She helped me realize that I will need more help than I initially intended.  Thank heavens for Granny that has offered to take the boys as often as I need her to so that I can stay caught up on work. 
But even though we had a few rough patches today – mommy getting emotional when Grandma left & Keeler not eating dinner well to name a few – we did great!  I just love my little cowboys and know that I will get spoiled getting to spend so much time with them during my maternity leave.  I just want these next ten weeks to go by slow so that I can appreciate every minute.  I already love living at a slower pace and getting to do things that I normally miss out on.  I started editing some of the first week pics this evening.  Check out some of my favorites of my cowboys!    

“It’s not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts." - J. M. Laurence




No comments:

Post a Comment