Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Tuesday. And it's random.

1.  Somewhere in my house right now there is a lump of playdoh just waiting to be squashed into the carpet, smudged into a piece of furniture, or stomped beneath someone's feet.  I just have no idea where it is. 

2.  I am off today for election primaries.  Becks went to school and B is working.  This means I had FOUR glorious, guilt-free, kid-free, husband-free hours today TO MYSELF.  It was sublime. 

3.  I found an amazing round mirror at TJMaxx made from rolled magazine pages, clearanced for ten bucks.  Totally bought it.




4. A lesson in thrifting: Pick up a few old volumes of Reader's Digest novels.  You will not be disappointed. Because the vintage patterns on these little friends are to die for.  I have no idea what to do with them, besides stack them or prop them underneath something, but when I figure it out I'll let you know.  {Also note my absolutely *favorite* novel on the bottom of the stack.  My sister admitted to selling off my original paperback, so I just had to buy this one for $1.  If you've never read Summer Sisters by Judy Blume, I totally and completely recommend it for the beach this summer.  I bet I've read it a half dozen times. Loves it.}

For the record, the bananas in the background of this pic did finally make their way to the garbage. 


5.  A lesson in Target: They're selling Calypso St. Barth goodies right now, and this little silver hurricane is so totally worth $7.99.  When you put a tea light inside, it's like magic with little rays of light peeking out of all those tiny holes. 


6.  A lesson in bedhead: Just throw a damp washcloth on it, let sit, take picture, comb and voila! no more bedhead! 


7.  A lesson in plumbing: do not flush baby wipes down the toilet.  A bad, expensive, disgusting, embarrassing idea.  Also, that snake pulled out three random golfballs. 


8.  I'm out of lessons. 

9.  It's rainy and gloomy for the 276th day straight. 

10.  I haven't painted or hung my thrifted mirror yet, so Becks has taken to using it for entertainment. 


Happy, happy Tuesday blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment