Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend, Eye Update, and Thanks...

Hi guys.  Tripp is doing fantastic.  The contact has been such a blessing so far.  From the second they put it in he has been like a brand new baby.  If we had a dollar for every smile we got this weekend, we would be rich.  Randy wanted to go play softball this Saturday in Lafayette because he has been having withdrawals, so we went to stay at my parents house for the weekend.  And we went to go see my grandpa, who passed away on Saturday around noon.

My grandpa was my heart.  He was such a wonderful person and true man of God.  I learned so much from my grandpa and I looked up to him so much.  He will truly be missed by so many, but I know that he is up in heaven visiting with his parents and his brothers and sisters.  And we made sure we told him to have a nice talk to God about Tripp when he gets up there.  I know he is so happy and he's dancing around in his new body... just like my other grandpa.  The services will be this Wednesday night and Thursday.  Here are some pictures we took about 2 weeks before he passed.  I am SO glad we have them.




Paw Paw, we love and miss you so so much.  


We go back to the eye doctor tomorrow so they can check to see if the contact is helping the eye to heal at all.  I am going to tell them that I do NOT want them to take it out yet.  If anything, they can just go ahead and put one in the other eye to prevent anything.  I have tried to put several things on his arms to keep his arms away from his eyes, but he's like the Incredible Hulk, he can break through anything.  I've tried braces on the inside and out and tried the swimming pool "noodles."  Both he still got to his eyes.  I just don't want to wrap too tight and I don't have the heart to tie down his arms after everything he's gone through already.  But he really has been doing better about rubbing them... I guess they aren't bothering him as much anymore.  He has been SUCH a good boy.  Back to his normal self (knock on wood).  And now I appreciate his eyes and his vision and his personality SO much more than I did before.  Each little thing that happens teaches me to appreciate him so much more.  God, I love this baby.  
We got so many squinchy smiles this weekend!!!  See? 








Big Boy!!


Tripp's new nurse, Kristi. 




Tripp playing Pat-a-cake!  Watch him "roll 'em up!"




So when I got home from my parent's house last night, I had a surprise on my doorstep from Heather Boisclair... one of my fabulous blog readers.  It was a huge basket of goodies... chocolate, cookies, peanuts, crackers, gum, a "shake weight" and all kinds of stuff.  AND then there was another bag with a present for Tripp- a Handy Manny "pillow book," which I have never seen before (SO cute) and a whole box of stuff for me (shampoo, hair clips, face wipes, fingernail polish).  Isn't that so sweet.  I think her mom is from New Orleans and close to us, so her mom delivered it instead of her having to ship everything!  So sorry we weren't home!  That doesn't happen often!  It totally made my week!  That was so so thoughtful.  Thanks Heather!  Visit her blog here and see her gorgeous baby boy, who is Tripp's age!  Here's our goodies. 





Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment