Thursday, September 9, 2010

Story and Update.

I wanted to post this blog a few days ago, but I've been distracted by Tripp's surgery.  I want to share something that happened to me the other day.  I decided that I wanted to go get me some scrub pants and t-shirts because I'm tired of ruining all my clothes with Aquaphor grease.  So I thought that I'd buy a few pairs of scrub pants to wear every day.  I went to Life Care Uniforms in Hammond.  There was a really nice lady who was helping me find the pants I wanted.  She started making conversation about where I worked and the colors I needed.  I started to explain my situation and that I was a stay at home mom and the color didn't matter.  She started asking some more questions and I ended up giving her one of Tripp's cards.  Meanwhile, she had already checked me out and I had never given her my credit card.  She bought my pants for me (3 pairs- $65.00)--- she had no idea who I was or really how my situation was... but she wanted to help.  I started crying right there at the register and kept crying as I got in the car.  I was kind of speechless.    

There are so many people who do so many nice things for me and Tripp and Randy.  But sometimes it takes catching me off-guard to REALLY appreciate it.  It just goes to show that the world is full of some really GOOD people.  That sweet woman didn't have to do that for me- she would have never seen me again, or never even had to think about me again- but she did it out of complete kindness and thoughtfulness.  It's the little things that count- the thoughtful cards people send, the words of encouragement, and the prayers that mean so very much.  

Tripp had a really rough day.  So far he's spent the entire day in the rocking chair and has only opened his eyes twice- to just fall back in pain.  He's miserable and his lid is really swollen.  I'm hoping this will go away and it's all normal... but I'm not sure.  There IS a foreign object in his eye.  I'm giving him the Tylenol with Codeine (which I got from the anesthesiologist because the doctor wouldn't give it) THANK GOD (by the way- I cannot say ENOUGH good things about our anesthesiologist. Tripp has had the same one the last few surgeries... and frankly, I'd just like to take him home with me.  He's amazing). But he did get his eyelid snipped on- and that has to be somewhat painful, come on.  So please say some extra prayers that tomorrow will be better than today and not worse.  All I can hope for is that each day he feels a little better.  

SO MUCH THANKS to everyone for all the love and support and the very SWEET words of encouragement.  They honestly get me through the day.  I love you guys. 

OH, and GEAUX SAINTS! 
(though I secretly love me some Brett Favre.)

Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment