Sunday, September 19, 2010

Update

So it's been a rough week.  The last time I wrote, we just found out that Tripp had pneumonia and he got a Rocephin shot and was starting oral antibiotics.  Well- not only did the antibiotic give him massive diarrhea, it also gave him severe stomach cramps- at least that's what I think is causing him SO much pain.  He has been in excruciating pain for the last 3 days- tightening his legs together and pulling them to his chest constantly, not playing, smiling, anything.  He just wants to be rocked with his eyes closed and throws a fit if you even move him a certain way.  That is NOT my baby.  I kept picking my brain at what was causing him to be in so much pain.  And yesterday we finally looked up the side effects of the Augmentin (the oral antibiotic) and most all of them said severe stomach pain.  So I stopped it immediately and e-mailed Dr. Defusco and Dr. Urrego (his lung doctor).  By the way- yesterday was Saturday (and it's Football season) and both of Tripp's doctors emailed me back almost immediately more than once with their advice/help.  I don't know many doctors who would do that- but I feel pretty darn lucky to have them.  

They both said that the Augmentin was most probably the cause of the stomach pain (I'm assuming it was his stomach causing the pain).  So Dr. Defusco called him in another antibiotic and I will start that one today.  He's already on 2 different probiotics but she wants to start him on another one called Florastor for Kids.  It's used in kids with C-Diff (a bacterial infection associated with antibiotic use).  So hopefully, between these 3 probiotics, we can get through another round of antibiotics and fix this darn puh-neumonia :) He hasn't really played or done much of anything but rock since his eye surgery 2 Wednesdays ago :(

So hopefully this new antibiotic will do the trick.  I'll let you know.  On a side note, my sister leaves today (tear).  Have a great Sunday!  Hug those precious babies of yours :) 


Nanny getting some love before she leaves.


Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment