Sunday, September 2, 2012

Point No Point

I love lazy Sunday mornings. They usually start at approximately 6:30am with a baby talking in my ear and little legs kicking me in the side. Aside from the 15 pounds of cuteness laying next to me, the first thing I notice is the chilly air of a new day blowing into our bedroom window. It creeps into the room and, with the light touch of a daddy long legs spider, lands gently on exposed skin. Sunlight spills from the sliver of window peeking out from underneath the curtain, and slowly floods the room.

There's so much promise in those first few scenes of a new day. So much possibility.

Then your baby poops himself. Warm, green liquid puddles onto your bed. And your shirt. Good morning to you too.

After a lazy morning of lounging in our PJs, we decided to make the most of the day by taking a family trip to a nearby lighthouse.

"Jacob, are you ready to go?"
"Yeah!"
"Aren't you forgetting something?"
"No mommy. I packed my Spiderman backpack"


"What about pants?

"Oh yeah!"

The lighthouse, Point No Point, turned out to be as impressive as its name suggested. There wasn't even a tall stairtower to climb!



So we went hiking instead.


And played on the beach.


Then, since today is Jacob's actual birthday, we had celebratory popsicles from the gift shop. Ryan is particularly fond of creamsicles.



We finished our day with a trip to the mall where I got my eyebrows threaded and convinced my husband to do the same! As I sat in the threading chair, two ladies came up and watched. I heard one say to the other, "See, I want to do that to you. I learned how to thread eyebrows while I was in prison." At least the inmates in our county are learning skills?

We came home and ate a dinner of leftover birthday burgers. Jacob had his first rootbeer float. And the kids had a bath.


Now, I'm holding a sleeping baby and watching the big boys play with Legos. (Thanks Uncle Dain & Aunt Jessica!) I love when our whole family is gathered together in one room. All too soon these boys will be out and about with friends. They won't want to be with their mommy all day. I gotta soak up these moments while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment