Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Noted: This is a shallow hair post.

When I was in college, I remember getting ready to go out and commiserating with my roommate and BFF, Allison, that I was having a bad face night.  A bad face night is similar to having a bad hair day.  It's when your makeup looks off, an acne stampede is migrating across your forhead, and your complexion is rather drab and sallow.  Regardless of how you really look, you think you look totally blah.  Combine that with a bad hair day and all bets are off.  You mights as well scrub your face clean, throw your hair up in a pony, pull on the sweats, and pop anything with Kate Hudson in the cast into your DVD player because there's no way you can go out looking like that. True story.  These things happen.

Anyway, I say this because I am having a bad hair and face week.  The much-to-blonde isn't doing anything for my almost-nil tan.  If I don't get color soon, I am likely to wind up a trailer trashy mess of dark roots and split ends, unable to leave the house for fear that I will be mistaken for Britney Spears pre-head shave. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's amazing how my hair affects my self-esteem.  I just hit the 4-inch roots wall and -bam!- I NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT NOW.  No, YESTERDAY!  DES.PER.ATE.  No color from a box this time.

And I think I am done with bleach blonde.  At least for awhile.  Like maybe until March. 

I already have some inspiration in mind.  Nope, not a celebrity.  Well, she's a celebrity in her own right.  It's Hollie, from All Things in Moddy.  She has the best hair and was a former blonde too.  I told her how much I loved her new color and it's probably creepy that I'm going to print a pic of her to show my stylist, but it's the truth!  I love her color {and she's so stinkin' pretty too}! 

Or, I could dye just the top layer of my hair and go as JWoww for Halloween... 

No comments:

Post a Comment