Monday, April 18, 2011

A Momentous Day...

First of all, I want you to imagine the feeling that you had when you were about seven and it was Christmas Eve and you were twelve kinds of excited about Santa Claus coming the next day. Now, add to that the excitement of meeting your firstborn child, the day you found out the New Kids on the Block tour was coming to your town, and multiply it by how you feel on double coupon day at Kroger.

And now you know how I felt all day at school anticipating coming home to a fully functional kitchen.  It just about killed me that B and Becks were at home to witness it all.  While my kididdles were taking a potty break, I may have snuck away to the lounge to call and check in on the progress. 

But...before I show you the *new* pictures, let's revisit the kitchen in her 1970s glory.  This pic was taken when I wrote THIS post about our vision to remodel her in 2009.  Well, only two or so years later isn't that bad, right?


Also interesting =  my attempt to disguise and embrace this bare wall with this little collection...
{Please note that linoleum.  I just gagged a little thinking about it.  However, if you'd like a relic, I'm sure I could salvage you a scrap from the pile hanging out by the garage.  Lemme know.}

And now DA DA DA....
I'm pretty sure we quadrupled the counterspace and tripled the cabinet/drawer space.  I am in love.  I am thinking I might roll out a sleeping bag in there on the floor tonight. 

Now, I do have to let you know that there are still some minor things to take care of - like replacing outlet covers and switches, patching, touch-up painting, hanging wooden blinds, and laying a few more feet of toe strip.  And then there's the lighting. We cannot find anything we like.  So we're holding out and just plugging in lamps for right now. 

And of course the decorating.  I staged it a little for the pictures, but can't wait to hit up Homegoods and Target ASAP! 

Also, in case you wondered how I knew what kind of sink I wanted {because I'm sure pressing issues like that just plague your thoughts at night}, my only qualification was that it had to be big enough to bathe a baby in.  Because, sadly enough, I never bathed Becks in the old sink because it a) didn't hold water and b) was kinda scuzzy.  So, tonight I made up for lost time and inagurated the sink with a bath for my baby!

 
And then I loaded the dishwasher and did a little dance around the house.  I also kissed B about 25 times and told him how proud I was of all his hard work. 

Happy, happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment