Monday, January 10, 2011

A boy, his mom, and a birthday.

I have been that mom lately.  The one I'd always swore I'd never be.  The one that would never drive the mini-van of all shopping carts through the grocery store.  Yup, that big obnoxious one that takes up most of the aisle, but sports dual steering wheels which amps up its cool factor, if only slightly. 

The mom whose son finds a lone push car in a random aisle at Lowes and inists he be pushed in it throughout the store.  And, since he was occupied and I could shop in peace, I obliged.  And, if that wasn't bad enough - I BOUGHT THE CAR.  See?  I am totally that mom.  A complete and total sucker.  {In my defense, the manager offered it to me for an extremely irrisistible price when he was helping me.  And I did feel somewhat sheepish for pushing an unpaid for item around the store.  But, then again, they should know better, as little boys lurking the aisles couldn't resist a ride.  Case in point.}


In other news, it's my main man's birthday today.  It's officially his last year as a 20-something.   Happy Birthday, B!


{PS.  What do we think of Ali's dress tonight on The Bachelor?  Hmmmmm.  I think I would've picked something a little more,mmmm, flattering???  But amen for the sparkles.  I love the sparkles.}

{PSS.  Wouldn't you know that I've taken off tomorrow to attend Becks' make-up Christmas performance that was cancelled due to snow in December and, stop the world, we're expecting five inches tomorrow.  I'm thinking they need to forget the Christmas and shoot for Easter!}

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment