Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cheap Teacher Buys

I have nothing to type about tonight.  I have started this post four times and erased when I was a paragraph deep after rereading it to see it was totally blah.  So, instead, here's what I bought tonight {and I'm pretty sure only those who eat, sleep, and live school will appreciate it}. 

First off, how much do you love The Dollar Tree?  Everything is a dollar, so you pretty much can't beat that.  I was pretty pumped about this insta-snow that I snatched up.  It's pretty expensive at the teacher store (like 12 bucks for a tiny bottle!) and kids adore it.  I'm doing a snow/winter unit starting next week, so it was a complete necessity.  Go getcha some!  I also got some great super-sized, fun-colored post-it notes.  Anything that is self-adhesive and colorful and I can write on it is pretty much right up my ally. 

Then, I went to Christmas Tree Shops.  Which, if you're not familiar, doesn't sell Christmas trees, but a grand assortment of all things cheap and wonderful.  I might have to take my camera with me next time so I can show you all the greatness you can get for under $10.  You will be amazed. 

Anyway, I'm trying to step up my math block by incorporating some critical thinking centers that involve little upkeep and can entertain my kididdles for 10-15 minutes.  Enter: the often ignored jigsaw puzzles - which are great for problem solving, fine motor development, reasoning, and hand-eye coordination.  I found some mini puzzles in their own storage tins for - get this - 89 cents!  Love it!  Then, I rounded the corner and, whadayaknow, imposteror Wikki Stix!  For $3.99!  And you get 120!  I pretty much could speak only in exclamation marks at that point.  {FYI: real Wikki Stix sell are around $9 for 48 stix on Amazon.}

Lastly, I went to my beloved teacher store.  Where I fell in love with the dazzling assortment of paper cut-outs, manipulatives, and any and everything DJ Inkers.  I bought an assortment of things to use for upcoming centers.  Oh, and glitter too because life is so much more fun with a sparkle.


{PS.  I'm finishing up my Penguin Unit tomorrow, so I will be posting an entire Unit Plan along with pictures and downloads sometime this weekend!  I just didn't want to post it until I had the chance to complete all the activities so I would know what works or what didn't!}

TGtomorrowIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment